Dr Raymond Yu
MBBS, BMedSci(Hons), MSurgSci, FRACS(Ortho), FAOrthA
- Keyhole Rotator Cuff Repair
- Total Shoulder Replacements and Reverse Shoulder Replacements using Patient Specific Instrumentation
- Keyhole Shoulder Reconstruction and Stabilisation including Latarjet Procedure
- Arthroscopy of the Shoulder
“My goals as a surgeon are to relieve your pain, restore your function, and return you back to doing what you love.“
Dr Raymond Yu is an Adelaide Orthopaedic Surgeon based in Norwood, South Australia. He specialises in surgery of the upper limb (Shoulder, Elbow and Wrist) with a passion for modern keyhole or minimally-invasive techniques. He has a special interest in the management of both sports injuries and arthritis of the shoulder.
Dr Yu was raised and educated in Adelaide, South Australia. He graduated from the University of Adelaide Medical School in 2010, before completing further postgraduate research degrees. He was awarded an Honours degree in Medical Science (First Class) and a Masters degree in Surgical Science by the University of Adelaide.
After completing advanced training in Orthopaedic Surgery with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Orthopaedic Association, he undertook further Upper Limb subspecialty training at the Sydney Shoulder Research Institute, as well as in France and London with internationally recognised experts.
When not in the clinic or operating theatre, Dr Yu enjoys chasing his young daughter as well as playing basketball and hitting the gym.
Visit www.drraymondyu.com.au for further information.
- University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Adelaide (2010) (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (First Class Honours), University of Adelaide
- Master of Surgical Science, University of Adelaide
- Fellowship Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (2020) (FRACS)
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association (FAOrthA)
- Post Fellowship training in Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Environmental Protection Agency – Fluoroscan Qualified
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery – Total Shoulder Replacements using Patient Specific Instrumentation and Computer Aided Planning
- Shoulder Reconstruction Surgery – Keyhole and Minimally-Invasive Stabilisation surgery, including the Latarjet Procedure
- Keyhole or Minimally Invasive Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery
- Keyhole Shoulder Surgery
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association
- TEGO Medical Defence
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- AO Trauma Membership
- Visiting Consultant – Department of Orthopaedics & Trauma, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Clinical Associate Lecturer – School of Health Science, University of Adelaide (2012-2023)
- East: (Main Rooms) Orthopaedics 360 – 94-96 Fullarton Rd, Norwood 5067
- West: Western Hospital – 168 Cudmore Tce, Henley Beach 5022
- South: Southern Specialist Centre – 231 Main South Rd, Morphett Vale 5162
- Central: St Andrews Hospital, Adelaide
- East: Burnside War Memorial Hospital, Toorak Gardens
- West: Western Hospital, Henley Beach
- South: Ashford Hospital, Ashford