Dr Luke Mooney
MBBS, FRACS (Ortho)
Knee, Hip and Shoulder Surgeon
“Combining technology, accuracy, and patient specific systems to provide the best possible outcomes in knee, hip and shoulder surgery”
After local, interstate and international training and practicing experience Dr Luke Mooney is a knee, hip, and shoulder joint surgeon.
He has special interest in key hole and reconstruction surgery of the knee and shoulder, and replacement surgery of the knee and hip.
He specialises in arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery techniques to maintain normal joint health and function. When joint preservation is not possible, Dr Mooney performs joint replacement using 3D planning technology and Robot Assisted Surgery to create the best possible outcomes.
Dr Mooney is focussed on achieving exceptional outcomes for all his of his patients.
Post Graduate Specialty Training
Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgery (Orthopaedic surgery)
Fellowship in Hip, knee and shoulder arthroscopic reconstruction and athletic injuries, Vancouver, Canada
Fellowship in Lower limb arthroplasty and sports surgery, Adelaide, SA
Fellowship in Lower limb arthroplasty including robot assisted surgery, Perth, WA
Knee arthroplasty including mapping patient kinematics to recreate normal feeling knee replacements.
Medical Association Memberships
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS) – Fellow
- Australian Orthopaedic Association – Fellow
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Visiting Medical Specialist The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Orthopaedics 360 – 94-96 Fullarton Rd, Norwood
- Mt Gambier
- Calvary Adelaide Hospital